This soup is the perfect easy fall dinner whenyou want to warm up. Vegetarian? Skip the bacon.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, cleaned and white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Crumbled bacon, for garnish
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add leeks and cook until golden, 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
Add potato and cauliflower to pot and season with salt and pepper. Add broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes and cauliflower are tender, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and, using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth. (Alternatively, let soup cool slightly, then ladle into a blender.)
Season with salt and pepper to taste, then ladle into bowls and garnish with chives and bacon before serving.